Superfoods Goji Berries and Chia Seeds are not only kid-friendly but are also incredibly healthy. Adding superfoods to your snacks gives you great benefits as well as being yummy to eat.
This delicious recipe for some sugar-free and healthy Bliss Balls are kindly shared from the beautiful people at Raw Life. They are filled with lots of superfoods including Goji Berries, Chia Seeds and Cacao, and full of antioxidants and healthy fats. They are sure to be a hit with your kids. They are perfect for lunchboxes as well as a nice present idea.
CHOCOLATE BLISS BALLS
1 cup raw almonds
½ cup raw cashews
10-12 medjool dates
¼ cup goji berries
2 Tbsp black & white chia seeds
½ cup raw organic cacao nibs
½ cup raw organic cacao powder
½ cup organic coconut chips
3 Tbsp raw unprocessed honey
¼ cup organic coconut oil
1. Blend almonds and cashews in Thermomix (or blender) on speed 8-9 for about 5 seconds (you can blend for 10 seconds if you don’t want them so chunky).
2. Add goji berries and dates and give a quick blend with the nuts for 4-5 seconds on speed 6-7.
3. Add all other dry ingredients and them give a quick blend in the Thermomix on speed 6-7 for 2-3 seconds, just so it’s all combined.
4. Add honey and coconut oil and blend on speed 8 for about 15 seconds, you should get a mass of yummy dark goodness.
5. Scoop out mixture using clean fingers and roll into balls. This mixture will make 19-20 large balls.
6. Store in the refrigerator and try not to eat too many in one go!
Thanks to Raw Life for your recipe, their awesome juice vans are located in the South West of Western Australia and are often out and about in various locations. Check out their website and facebook page for more information and be sure to visit them for a delicious juice and grab a Choc Bliss Balls too.