Occasionally we have health experts guest post on Wellness Tree about their specialist area. This time we’re lucky to have Nicki from Apana, Health and Wellness who has been practicing colon hydrotherapy (sometimes simply known as colonics) for the past 6 years. If you’ve ever wondered about colon hydrotherapy, but weren’t sure about giving it a go. Or, are totally new to this area of detox cleansing and want to find out more, this is the perfect chance to read about what actually happens during a colonic, ailments that is it good for treating and the benefits of the treatment. Over to Nicky…
The colon is the most important organ for maintaining good health and wellness, if the colon is overburdened then our whole system is put under stress. By gently cleansing the colon we can assist the body in its natural ability to remove toxins, heal and recover health- Our natural birthright. A malfunctioning colon is the greatest obstacle to good health. Colon hydrotherapy involves the safe gentle infusion of filtered water into the colon via the rectum. There are no chemicals or drugs involved and the entire therapy is both relaxing and effective. Apana, Health and Wellness uses the closed system of Colon Hydrotherapy, where filtered water passes through a UV light chamber and is introduced at a low pressure through a single use disposable speculum. We use warm and cold water, as well as pulsating techniques to stimulate the colon. Assisted by abdominal massage, the therapist is present and in full control the the procedure at all times. With so many harmful environmental factors these days such as excess stress, poor food quality and lack of exercise, it is no wonder that more people are beginning to discover the many benefits of colonic hydrotherapy. What can Colon Hydrotherapy Aid in:
- Liver overload from alcohol or medications
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Back ache
- Headaches & lack of concentration
- Skin Disorders
- Bloating and flatulence
- Digestive problems
- Yeast / Candida overgrowth
- Cleansing – the breakdown and gentle removal of toxic matter to encourages a better functioning colon.
- Hydration – Hydrating, lubricates the colon enabling greater breakdown and easier removal of waste.
- Stimulate – Colonics can stimulate reflex points linked to other organs in the body improving general wellbeing.
- Toning and stimulating – Hot and cold water treatments can aid in stimulating peristalsis and toning the bowel eliminating any stubborn waste and enabling the colon to resume its natural task.
- Stress relief – Stress can often create tension within our bodies, impairing some of our natural functions, particularly the colon. Colonics can relieve constipation that can come from the tightening of the colon due to stress.
- Restore – provides a clean environment for the restoration of good bacteria and ph levels.
About Nicki and her practice: Nicki became a registered Colon Hydrotherapist through Australian Colon Health in 2011 and began her own clinic in Busselton in 2013.
Specialising in digestive health and general detox, Nicki is passionate about restoring gut health through probiotic rich living foods.
With a love of raw and fermented foods, Nicki shares her knowledge and experience through regular workshops enabling others to transform their health from the inside out.
Outside of work Nicki enjoys staying close to nature, yoga and precious time with family.
Nicki can be contacted on: 0455 986 691
or through the Apana Health and Wellness Website